06 December 2003

Your Lie

Something I just can't say,
my fears frighten the words away,
to a place where no one can go.

I've been through this day before,
but this time I just can't endure,
I can't find the will to stay.

Just look at me,
let your glare fall right through me,
bury my feelings,
throw them aside.

Find some way,
no, you're not afraid,
to cut right through me,
to laugh at me and the tears that I cry.

You're coming here once more,
you need say no more,
to tear me in two and then take to the sky.

If only I could close the door,
and tell you I love you no more,
But those are words I just cannot say.

You breathe vengeance,
I must give you penance,
but you're not here for me,
you're here for your lie.

Just look at me,
let your glare fall right through me,
bury my feelings,
and throw them aside.

You're not here for me, you're here for your lie.

The second of three poems I wrote while camped out during Winter finals at Drinko Library. This one is the last poem I have written about Dustin, to date in July 2004. The last ever? Somehow I doubt it.

No comments: